I wake early every morning. Most mornings I spend in front of my computer, writing, answering/sending emails, getting caught up on work before I leave for work. I make time to work out a little (never enough) and sit in meditation (never enough).
Today started out no differently. I was writing, sending emails and just deciding to log into work as I know I have a busy week ahead and need to get some things taken care of.
But I stopped. I looked outside my kitchen window and decided I needed to walk. And this is what I would have missed had I decided to stay inside:
- As I opened my front door there were two deer in the grass across the street
- The house down the street is magically decorated for Halloween
- Neighbors I haven’t seen in forever were walking their dog. Our kids are all grown so it was nice to spend a few minutes catching up
- A squirrel was tossing acorns from the oak down the street. Could it be he was tossing them at the cat that seemed to be stalking him?
- The dew was rising creating a blanket of mist over the grass and rooftops
- The leaves turning to orange
- The birds…everywhere birds. Talking, squawking and singing.